Commercial Insurance

If you run a business then finding the right Insurance is essential and gives protection to you and your property

There are three core covers

Public Liability insurance is a key cover for many businesses, as it can protect you if someone is injured or their property is damaged because of your business. Depending on the type of business your run we can offer between 1 and 5 million pounds worth of cover, with a further excess layer of 5 million available for those who need it

If you have employees, contractors, casual workers or temporary staff, you’re required by law to take out Employers’ Liability insurance. It’ll cover claims from employees who’ve been injured or become seriously ill as a result of working for you.

Do you advise clients, as part of your business? Professional Indemnity insurance will keep you covered if a client suffers a financial loss through the advice you give, and makes a claim which you’re unable to pay.


Optional covers

Business interruption – this insurance can help to recover lost revenue, if unforeseen circumstances have stopped you from trading.

Stock – if you hold stock on your premises or in storage, this will cover the cost of replacing it (at cost price) if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen.

Buildings – this cover pays out on claims for damage to the building your business is based in, as a result of disasters such as fire or flood.

Contents – this will pay the cost of repair if any of your business possessions are damaged, or pay for replacements if lost, destroyed or stolen.

Fixtures & fittings – this will cover your fixed items such as shelving, carpet or flooring, counters, fixed display cases, kitchen units etc.

What business insurance do I need?

There are lots of different kinds of business insurance on offer.

The best type of insurance for you will vary based on a number of factors, including:

How many people you employ
The assets you need to protect
The type of business you’re running

Running a business from home

  • If you’re setting up your business from home, the best thing to do is talk to your current insurer and explain your plans. They might ask for an additional premium on your current insurance. If you don’t tell your insurers and you need to make a claim, you might find that your insurance is invalid and that the claim won’t be paid.
  • Don’t assume that your personal household insurance will cover you. Even though nine out of ten home insurance policies will cover business equipment this is generally limited to computer equipment only.

Typically, cover will depend on the use of the home being for clerical purposes only (for example, office work).

But you will not be covered if you have any visitors to do with your business (for example, client visits).